Places and ways to meet folks
• New England Polyamory (NEP). New England polyamory is an organization with over 2000 members, multiple Facebook groups, and holds events in most of the New England area.
• Sfbay-Poly Email List. This is the largest polyamory email list in the Bay Area, and most events in the area are posted to it.
• Bay Area Poly Events Calendar. This is an up-to-date calendar of all known public polyamory/nonmonogamy events in the Bay Area. Use the button to add it to your pre-existing Google Calendar account.
Getting help and support
• The Network/la Red. The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization that works to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Rooted in anti-oppression principles, they work to create a world where all people are free from oppression. They strengthen communities through organizing, education, and the provision of support services.
• Fetlife Poly & Kinky Forum. This is probably the best advice forum online for people who are both nonmonogamous and into BDSM.
Things to read
• Polyamory 101 Franklin’s Poly Pages. This website is generally considered to be the best Polyamory 101 guide on the internet, especially for people who are entirely new to the concept.
• Pepper’s Practical Nonmonogamy Guide. This covers the ins and outs of getting into nonmonogamy, with a focus on negotiating boundaries, and is written in an easy-to-digest tip format.
• Pepper’s Guide to Nonmonogamy for Men. This essay talks about the frustrations people encounter while trying to date in a nonmonogamous manner, and how to actually get a date. While it is written for men attracted to women, much of the advice applies to women and queer folk.
Finding people online
• OkCupid. Nonmonogamous people have a lot of luck on this dating website, which is not poly-specific but does have a very good matching system which will highlight local people with matching tastes.
• PolyMatchMaker. This is the premier polyamory-specific dating site, with a fairly active set of forums as well. However, the site only has about 7,000 subscribers at one time and so it can be hard to find matches outside of urban areas.