We are pleased to announce a speed dating event coming up on Monday, September 2nd (Labor Day). In our efforts to build community, we are trying out a few new things this round. Read more below.
Your registration options are:
INDIVIDUAL * GROUP * RETURNING DATER(S)
- Monday, September 2nd, 2019 from 5-9:30 p.m.
- The event will be held at The Armory, 191 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA
- $18.00 preregistration, $25.00 at the door. But no person will be turned away for lack of funds – please contact us!
- See our accessibility placard for accessibility info–and email if you have further questions.
- There is limited parking. Taking the T to Davis Square and walking up Highland is strongly recommended. (There are also regular buses.)
- Check-in starts at 5 p.m. You must be there by 6:15 p.m.
- There will be food and drink (with and without booze). Pay bar.
- We are constantly looking for organizations, ideally with connections to the broader non-monogamous community, engaged with anti-racist work (e.g., The Network/la Red). If you know of any doing good work, please let us know.
New affinity question on the form
Based on some discussion resulting from our Race and Poly house party awhile back, we are adding a new registration question specifically to benefit people of color. It is “I am a person of color interested in being matched with other people of color for this event.” This will not break other matches, it simply increases the chance of a pre-existing match between two people who check off this box. We look forward to hearing what people think of this new addition.
Call for Art!
For this event, we are trying to put together an art show. In particular we are interested in art that represents different experiences and backgrounds. We are especially looking for artists of color who have work that is about their experiences with nonmonogamy (even obliquely). We will likely be limiting ourselves to wall art, given space constraints, but are open to other ideas. If interested, please send us three images of your art and a short self-description.
We are not good at social media. But perhaps that will change. If you want to follow us on Twitter, you can: see @bostonPSD (for Boston local stuff, such as open reg announcements) and @polyspeeddating (for the full world-wide stuff, in theory).