We are finally getting our acts together to run a Poly Speed Dating event this June 20th (a Wednesday) at the Armory in Somerville. This could be the last one ever, or the last one for a year, or the last one for a month. Who knows? Our advice: if you are interested in an experience unlike almost any other, don’t wait but register now!
We are operating on a fairly short time frame and so details will be posted as we acquire them, but nonetheless registration is open Your registration options are:
- Wednesday, June 20 from 6-9:30 p.m.
- The event will be held at The Armory, 191 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA
- $18.00 preregistration, $25.00 at the door. But no person will be turned away for lack of funds – please contact us!
- This space is accessible (accessibility card ideally forthcoming). There is limited parking. Taking the T to Davis Square and walking up Highland is strongly recommended. (There are also regular buses.)
- Check-in starts at 6 p.m. You must be there by 7 p.m.
- There will be food and drink. Pay bar.
- We will be donating any profits to an anti-racist organization yet to be determined, ideally one that also has connections to the broader non-monogamous community. (E.g., The Network/la Red.) All suggestions welcome.
Further commentary for your reading pleasure: We have pulled the system from the ashes of time and have added a certain amount of spit and scotch tape. Please ignore the smoke. Also please forgive any rough edges as this evolves. We are not pretending to be professionals but instead are volunteering our time to try and make the world a better place (and because it is fun). While we tried to have another round in JP or surrounds, we did not find a venue there, so here we are in Somerville.
We are still (slowly) porting everything over to various services (in particular Digital Ocean to host DateWrangler(tm), MailChimp for mailing lists, PoBox to send email, WordPress.com to host our static site, bitbucket to version control the codebase). These systems can do weird things when stuck together. Why are we doing this? The more streamlined the system, the easier it is to run events without undue suffering. This means more events. The codebase (all in Python & Django) needs help; we are looking for those who want to help. Have skills? Please email us. All payment will be in beer or equivalent.